2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or unrefined coconut oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
2-3 small tomatoes
8-10 leaves rainbow chard
1 tbsp red vine vinegar
A dash of liquid smoke (optional)
1 tbsp pure water
Pinch fine ground sea salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
Hemp seeds (optional)
– Place oil in skillet and warm to medium heat. Brown chopped onion for 7 minutes.
– Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in chopped tomatoes, and then the chard.
– Sprinkle with vinegar, pure water and liquid smoke (if using).
– Cook for about 5 minutes, until chard has wilted, and liquid is absorbed.
– Season with fine ground sea salt and pepper to taste.
– Sprinkle with hemp seed for some extra protein and essential fatty acids (optional)
– Serve warm and enjoy!
Other leafy greens like kale, spinach, mustard greens, collards or beet greens works beautifully as well.