1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup packed soft medjool dates, pitted, soaked in water for 30 minutes and 1 cup of the water reserved
1/4 cup raw almond butter *
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup grapefruit juice
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
– Preheat the oven to 180C degrees, position rack in center of oven and prepare muffin trays.
– Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt in a large bowl to blend well.
– Place dates, reserved water, almond butter, grapefruit juice, and vanilla extract, cider vinegar into a blender, and blend until smooth, then whisk this blended mixture into the flour mixture until well mixed.
– Pour the cake batter into prepared trays, and place in the oven.
– Bake cakes until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool completely, and enjoy.
* I used peanut butter instead of almond butter, and it worked beautifully!
Adapted from: fragrantvanilla.com